Friday, September 2, 2011

.September.Dance.Challenge.

Here's the deal - You suggest songs, I dance to the first minute of them, and post them on YouTube and here on Monday the 5th. You get to pick what I dance to! Voting commences for five days. Then I'll dance to the entirety of the song with the most votes. Voting will be done via "Like" clicks on YouTube.

Rules:
  • I'm using the first 10 song suggestions only. If you don't get yours submitted in time, never fear - should this work out without making my head explode, I'll be repeating it next month.
  • Songs may not be sexually explicit. I'm not dancing to the Big Butt song, or whatever else.
  • Songs also have to be available on iTunes, since I don't have a ton of free time to be hunting down obscure recordings of  Tatil Shibak. Also, donations are very much appreciated as it's my own money I'm spending on this music. Also, all donations after the music has been paid for go to supporting freeing Morgan
  • Songs should be under 5 minutes long.
  • I reserve the right to add new rules as necessary, since this is a big experiment - but I promise not to be unreasonable.
If you haven't seen me perform, I highly suggest checking out my videos (there is a link right here!) to get an idea of what my movement style is like and how you can challenge me!





9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would suggest "Goin' out west" by Tom Waits :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not ocean themed, but "Into The Orion Nebula" by Project Skyward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, crud. I missed the "under 5 minutes" part. The song is a little over 5 minutes, though you could probably cut out the last 30 seconds of the song and still work with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No worries @akeishaf - it's not an 8 minute monstrosity so it's fine with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stan Rogers' "Free In the Harbor" seems particularly appropriate to the Free Morgan campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Graham Gouldman's "Love's Not For Me (Rene's Song)"

    http://youtu.be/b5xL3bB0rq0

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I hold a spot here for a challenge song that I will email to you, since I don't have iTunes access?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes absolutely. But I'm filming tomorrow, so....

    ReplyDelete