Tuesday, December 11, 2012

.want.

This might be the most amazing thing ever created by mankind.
Not only has Nike made a pair of "dance" shoes that look good - it looks like the functionality of them might be amazing.
I've struggled with the whole "dance shoe" thing for a long time. Mostly I just hate shoes for dancing in. One of my first teachers had everyone pick up ballet shoes so noone would be dancing barefoot - I bought two different pairs and was nothing but uncomfortable in either. Apparently I use my toes a lot to grip the floor when I'm dancing - the loss of that adds to my normal clumsiness which really doesn't need any assistance at all.
Then I found Foot Undiez - which were almost great, except my home dance space has always been carpeted and carpet destroys them. And they don't' always stay in place wonderfully for spins, and I do a lot of spinning.
I've used character shoes when I was in a situation when I had to wear something (like a restaurant or on scary pavement) but still.....wobbly and uncomfortable.
So mostly it's barefoot.

Unfortunately, at 110$ the Nike Studio Wrap is currently outside of my budget. But since they probably won't be available for purchase until Spring 2013 - I have time to save some dollars.
Someday, they will be mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment