Tuesday, February 19, 2013

.and then it was time for bed.

Every so often I have an evening where my brain and my body decide it's bedtime at the same time. Usually it's one of my long days, like today.

I worked my day job, ran to FedEx to mail the painting I need to mail today where I found out it was going to be roughly 100$ to mail because of the size of the box. So I left, stopping at Office Depot and Utrecht for packing tape, a box cutter, and extra cardboard so I could go home and resize my boxing. The change was so dramatic that the FedEx lady (who was so wonderful and helpful I could have hugged her but that probably would have been weird) actually cheered for me as I walked back in over an hour later. Size does matter - at least with shipping - and we got it down to a 30$ ship. Much better. And I got my own FedEx account so I suppose I'm finally a real Grown Up.

Then back home for quick dance practice, after which I finally looked up what was all that smoke over the Plaza I saw on my drive home.
Basically a restaurant exploded, because we can't go more than a year in Kansas City without at least one major fire. Fortunately it doesn't look like there were any fatalities. So I watched that for awhile while I ate dinner.

Then it was filling perfume orders until....about ten minutes ago.
And I varnished the other painting I have to mail this week.
And my cat has been running around yowling the entire time because he can't decide if he wants to be cuddled or murder things.

Bed. Sleep. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment