Thursday, October 20, 2011

.tragedy.


No, not really a tragedy, but you know...

Club Bellydance was really lovely. I realize that I use that word repetitively, but it tends to be appropriate. One of my few regrets about the experience is that the BDSS came through Kansas City on a Tuesday night. Friday, Saturday, even a Thursday evening would have been much better for a show of that quality. Plus on any of those days we might have been able to do a workshop to go along with the show.
But some thing are beyond control.

Still, as sponsor, it went ok. No giant big disasters - the tech ran smoothly, the show itself ran smoothly, the audience was enthusiastic which is really the biggest blessing. And to top it off, the Foundry in Westport serves food until 1:30 in the morning, so Dharma, myself and some of the BDSS were able to get delicious noms and drinks afterwards.

And I learned something, so if I'm in this position again, I have a much much better idea of what to do, what questions to ask, who to turn to for assistance, and what to ask of people.
But I'm still sad the the camera ran out of memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment