Thursday, October 4, 2012

.quality art isn't free.

I was going to blog a long rambling angry rant on the unrealistic expectations on artists and money and why quality art costs money and why that's a good thing (you pay good artists better, more artists are motivated to make more better stuff = more awesome/less suck) and how it's silly to think you can purchase art (along with the unlimited rights to use it however you please) for 10$ when what you're wanting is going to take 5 hours of work before anyone gets around to edits and changes.....
And it was all very boring.

Instead I'm posting my own art exercise:
More Time = More Awesome = More Money
15 minute Octopus T-Rex Battle Art

Or I can spend 2 hours on it...
2 hour Octopus T-Rex Battle Art

Or I can give it that extra punch and make it really really nice...
3.5 hour Octopus T-Rex Battle Art
(and honestly it could probably use another two hours of work)

And if you're happy with a 15 minute piece of art - by all means, go and find one.  
I'd rather make more awesome please.

No comments:

Post a Comment