Monday, July 22, 2013

.accidental dance shoes.

As a bellydancer, I feel like I'm constantly looking for good dance shoes that will work indoors as well as outdoors. Street performances, festivals, fairs, weird backyard gigs, and of course the Renaissance festival where my dance surface is mostly gravel. And here's my answer (for this year) lurking in Urban Outfitters of all places.

 
$29.00 at Urban Outfitters

I totally missed the ball on this one.
Several months ago a friend and co-worker was wearing an adorable pair of flats, and even though I immediately asked where they came from (we have a tendency to be Twinkies anyhow so we generally try not to exacerbate the situation), I also almost immediately forgot to go and order some.
Then around June I remembered - right around the same time as I was ordering the Nike Studio Flats, and I went on the UO website and found them. Her's had been a cute cream, now they only had black.
And they were back ordered.
I crossed my fingers and made a wish and purchased them and they've just arrived in the last week.
And they are fantastic.
Comfy. Easy to wear. Easy to walk in.
And then I had that circus performance on Saturday night, and I forgot to take them off while getting into costume, and I forgot to take them off before going on stage (did I mention that they're comfy?) and they actually worked brilliantly for dancing in.

Being that they were affordable I went back to get a backup pair, and naturally they now only have my size in the Berry color I'm not sure about but might be able to mod up or something. But based on previous shoe experience better to have them than not.

Be warned that like any shoes they have a breaking in period, but it's not too bad, and they do show a little toe crack - but that's not too bad either.

Hooray for shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment