Friday, July 24, 2015

.show day.

I spent three hours last night searching my house for the Science Fair medals I was going to use as the Costume Contest awards at the show tonight. I did not find them, though I know I've seen them in the last month, and I'm pretty sure there in with a pile of things I thought would be good for costuming. Now that I have replacements (which are coincidentally much more fun) they will definitely appear in The Most Obvious Location sometime Sunday afternoon.

Tonight's Third Place "Medal"
Bella, who can't dance in the show after all due to a half torn off toenail, is donating one of her piece props - a giant life size print of Captain Kirk - as a prize as well. So with the venue needing us out by 8, everything should be fine. My plunger is painted silver. I definitely know at least one of my pieces. And I've found all the parts of both costumes ahead of time, so that I won't be running around like a headless chicken when I rush home after work to put together my Show Bags.

I am not exhausted. I just need to drink a bit more tea.

This is as good a time as any to announce the date for the next show - the Last Raqs Bohéme at RecordBar (at least, this incarnation of RecordBar) as they are changing locations after the first of this year, and the new location is yet to be located.

Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment