Thursday, June 21, 2012

adventures!

...and my home is finally calm enough that I can process them!

Last night I confirmed that I'll perform in the July RAW showcase.  It's a third Thursday non-profit art showcase - music, dancing, makeup, fashion, fine art...everything. If anyone would like to go (though it's at 8pm at night on a Thursday) buy tickets through this link: http://www.rawartists.org/mariedemars and make sure you mark me as the artist you're supporting. It makes a difference. I'll be performing New Material, which may or may not include a blindfolded sword dance.

Maybe.

So tonight I'll be going to the June RAW event to check out the space and the set up, and to be fancy and drink cocktails.*  I expect to be exhausted tomorrow, so it's doubly good I'm not performing tomorrow night at Raqs Bohéme which is going to be an amazing show. I'm almost finished compiling the set lists and I'm really excited about the music as well as the dancers. Amy Jo and Melody have been dancing Bohéme since it started in April, but tonight I'm bringing in Etoile and Zoria who have never failed to awe and impress me with their performances.

Saturday morning I'm shooting new promo photos with Mister Phil Koenig, which I'm really excited about. He's amazing, and we'll be trekking about Lawrence and Tonganoxie in fields and on old dirt roads. Tonight I'll be consumed with getting costuming in order for the adventure.

EEEEE!!!!!!!

*Or instead of going to RAW I'll fall asleep on the couch at 7:30pm, wake up at 10pm and not be able to fall back asleep until 12:30am - thus negating the entire point of being exhausted today while still getting to be exhausted! Clearly I'm a genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment