Monday, June 4, 2012

.first.friday.adventures.

My sister's in town so everything has got a bit hectic, but somehow we managed to get ourselves out to June First Friday. The sky was beautiful...
And we did a drive-by of the Other Gallery, where some of my work's been hanging; only to find it was closed, on First Friday, which is sad. I also finally noticed the sign on the door that said "By Appointment Only", which is useless.

And after 20 minutes trying to find parking we were almost trampled by a peace march. I took a really horrible photo.

At the Leedy-Voulkos Art Center there are two particular exhibits which I wouldn't mind owning pieces from. The first was Acts of Selfishness and Devotion by artist Jane Almirall, where I took another horrible picture...

The room after was a group show, Terra, with artists Victoria Reed, Shannon Sullivan, and Ellen W. Wolf.
A.MA.ZING.
Victoria was our favorite.

Just a short jot upstairs was show by Clint Metcalf. I'm not really one for impressionistic abstract brushstrokes, but I really liked his work despite all of that. His paintings look like painting feels.

And over at Windhorse Tattoo is Head Games, a solo exhibit of new works by Alicia Ross. The Mister almost did buy me something from there, but we really don't have the wall space at the moment. And half of the work was already sold anyhow.

Somehow after we ended up in Zona Rosa at Bo Lings - I got the Pad Thai which was awful, but Mister got something delicious served in a pineapple.


We saw a comedy show at the Improv, and went home exhausted.
All in all and excellent First Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment