Monday, January 2, 2012

looking back / looking forward

Quite a few people I know had particularly bad years in 2011, and mine was no picnic. But there was also a lot of really good stuff that happened.
Focusing on the positive:
  • I taught quite a bit - not only classes and Salons but actual workshops, and got booked for my first workshop teaching out of the state of Missouri.
  • I got engaged, and had a kidney stone. In the same week.
  • I learned to better recognize the symptoms of being Glutened. I also got better at talking to waitstaff at restaurants about the food I was ordering.
  • Lots of dancing. Lots. Workshops, private parties, big Festivals, Stage Shows, and Club Bellydance with the BDSS.
  • Lots of art. I refined my illustration style even more, and started painting again, and might have even booked a gallery show.
  • I played with aerial dance. Not enough, but classes are expensive, and I really need to work on my upper body strength more before I sink more cash into it. But still, it was super awesome.
  • I wrote! Over 25,000 words of a story....then I threw it away to start over. This will be a serious project for 2012. And by serious I mean intensive, but ultimately personal.
  • I canceled my wedding! Best.Decision.Ever
  • I completed two Sketchbook Projects.

For 2012, it's pretty simple. I'd like to continue on the track I seem to have started in 2011. Working on my art, all of my art. Dancing, teaching, painting, illustrating. I also want to work more on taking care of myself, both physically and mentally. I'm thinking of it as a Year of Transformation. And I'm going to make it be Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment