Monday, July 2, 2012

.sketchbook.monday.

...is moving to Wednesday!

For a variety of reasons, not the least of which being that I tend to have lots of things to chat about on Monday, and between actual things that happened and Sketchbooking - Monday tends to be a bit post heavy.
So we're going to spread things about a bit more evenly.
Like jam.

acetate, adhesive, collage, tape, ink, marker

There was an "incident" in the drawing of this spread.
An "encounter."

It's what happens when you draw in public.
People look. And it's creepy. And when people say stuff about what you're doing in your private brain space, it's even creepier.

But this was on a plane, flying to Alabama, and so I was super trapped, in the back row. The stewardess saw what I was doing and was trying to help by putting down the extra tray table, which wasn't helping. And as I was exiting the plane after landing she said, "And there goes our famous artist!"
Which was just super weird.

WEIRD!
And if I'm calling you weird.... that's saying something.

2 comments:

  1. For what it's worth, I think of you as "our famous artist" as well. Also, I saw this post at The Creator's Project and I thought you might dig the style.

    http://www.thecreatorsproject.com/blog/ferrofluids-go-next-level-technicolor-in-fabian-oefners-amazing-images

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's hilarious! Another friends just sent me the same link!!!
      (well, it had the same images on it)
      You people know me too well.

      And you thinking that is WAY different that creepy random stranger stewardess calling me out in front of the Captain. {{loves}}

      Delete