Monday, July 16, 2012

.weekend.adventures.pt1.

In chronological order!

Thursday was RAW.
We're on a new schedule at work - 4 ten-hour work days with a three day weekend, which would be so bad except that one of the two extra hours is tacked on at the beginning of the day, and I have to be in my chair at 6am, meaning I have to get up in the morning around 4:30. Not the easiest schedule to adjust to, and mostly I the spent the week getting more and more sleep deprived. By Thursday I wasn't doing so well, and I left early to slip in a powernap before getting ready to head to the Uptown for RAW.
I very easily could have gotten ready there. But once everything got rolling it ran very smoothly aside from me being so tired I was almost delirious. Beautiful art displayed all around the Conspiracy Room. Fashion, music, drinks, live painting - everything.
 Art by Ethan P. Harris, photo by Drew Wayne Denny.

Art by Kelly Aaron, photo by Drew Wayne Denny

I was so exhausted I slept until 11 the next morning.
Then I found a dead cat in the backyard.
And there is very little that will ruin a day like finding a dead cat in your backyard.

Me: Hi, there's a dead cat in my backyard.
311Response: Is it a stray?
Me: Well it's not mine.
311Response: Is there any gate or lock that would prevent us from getting into your back yard.
Me: No.
311Response: What's the animal look like?
Me: I don't know...orange? I didn't get that close.
311Response: Ok. I've put your request into the system. It'll probably be 48-72 hours before someone can pick it up.

Then Taj came home and asked me how it died, as if I would know. Plus it died right next to the vegetable garden, so that's probably going to die too, unless it rains.
Typical.

Also I feel really bad for whoever owns that cat.

2 comments:

  1. This post was so hysterical I laughed out loud and then I had to read it out loud to my sweetie. They asked you what the DEAD cat in your BACKYARD looked like?!? How many dead animals do they think you keep back there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me very curious about the other calls they receive...

      Delete