Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dance Challenge / Art Challenge

The Dance Challenge is off to a great start. I have Six - count them - Six songs I'm working on currently. One in particular is throwing me for a mental loop and it's going to be really really interesting to see what comes of it. But the challenge is exciting - really pulling me out of my box in a host of different directions.

Meanwhile, I noticed that my illustration portfolio is sadly lacking in portraits - something which used to be my thing. So I put a call out to my friends on who I should illustrate, and after a few questions (no, no bellydancers; yes, men and women; and a variety of professions) I got a good starter list. The one suggestion that really caught my eye was Gregor Mendel...
...oh Gregor, how I love you. My introduction to high school biology, my love affair with genetics...
Perfect first subject.

And as he was a friar, and sort of the godfather of modern genetics, it seemed only right to make an Icon of him.


Next will be a lighthearted portrait of my friend Amanda, as a fairy.

4 comments:

  1. I'd buy this print in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Posting it to Etsy or just send funds via Paypal to you directly? Also, if you ever expand your collection to other scientists or mathematicians (Euclid comes to mind :D ), I'd be interested in those, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, directly works best - no etsy fees then. Email address we can use to make this less public?

    ReplyDelete