Monday, August 8, 2011

.ramble.

Friday my beau and I wandered over the the First Friday openings - which was mostly disappointing, though not as disappointing as last month though I'm pretty sure that was due to the lack of heat (it was hot but not as hot), as most of the galleries we went to look at were filled with the exact same art as last month - and it wasn't good. Not that we looked at many galleries - after three repeats (one I was actually really happy to see a second time) and one gallery that was so inadvertently elitist I walked out, we gave up and went out for dinner.

The one repeat I was really happy about was Andrew Batcheller, who's showing at the Mojo. There a review of it at the bottom of this, and you can see his work here. Between his good work - and the several bad shows, I got my studio cleaned, finally, and did some painting of my own.
And I really need to stay away from acrylic paint from now on.
And that's easily managed.

I'm still trying to figure out what it is I want to be doing with my own art. Reading mostly. It's coming. A big rant. I feel it.

This afternoon I'll be posting videos for the Dance Challenge - around 5 I think?

No comments:

Post a Comment