Wednesday, August 17, 2011

.September.Dance.Challenge.Precursor.

It's early yet - the last Dance Challenge just ended 2 days ago, but I've got my panties all in a wad, and I thought getting this out earlier might be the way to go.

Why are my panties in a wad?

Because of Morgan.
Morgan is a beautiful wild Orca, supposedly rescued to rehabilitate, but now essentially being held captive by her rehabilitators, the Harderwijk Dolfinarium.  There was an attempt to send her to an amusement park in the Canary Islands, which was thankfully blocked by the Orca Coalition, but her release back into the wild has not been secured yet.




It just makes me nauseous.
And while normally I keep my politics to myself, I just...there are no words.

So, for the next Dance Challenge, I'm going to take between 5-10 song suggestions. If the songs are in some way ocean related - bonus points. And rather than tipping, I'd like all donations to be made toward freeing Morgan. Last I checked they needed about 2500 Euros to keep the legal battle ongoing.
As a bonus, as well as YouTube video "likes" for the voting, I'll be taking dollar donations as votes as well - and all of those dollars, every one, will go to freeing Morgan.

I'll be taking song suggestions on the 1st of September, and the first batch of videos will be posted on the 5th. Voting will be open until the 9th, and the final video will be posted on the 10th.

Additionally, I'll be donating half of all etsy sales towards freeing Morgan.
For how long?
Until it's resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment