Monday, August 1, 2011

It's Hot! Dance Challenge

It's so hot!
106˚ when I got into my car after work.
Clearly my honey bee has vanished - off to cooler climates.

But, it's time for my first ever Dance Challenge.
Here's the deal - You suggest songs, I dance to the first minute of them, and post them on YouTube and here in a week. You get to pick what I dance to! Voting commences for five days. Then I'll dance to the entirety of the song with the most votes. Voting will be done via "Like" clicks on YouTube.

Rules:
  • I'm using the first 5 song suggestions only. If you don't get yours submitted in time, never fear - should this work out without making my head explode, I'll be repeating it next month.
  • Songs may not be sexually explicit. I'm not dancing to the Big Butt song, or whatever else.
  • Songs also have to be available on iTunes, since I don't have a ton of free time to be hunting down obscure recordings of  Tatil Shibak.
  • I reserve the right to add new rules as necessary, since this is a big experiment - but I promise not to be unreasonable.

Donations/Tipping is welcome, especially since I'm more than likely going to be having to purchase music.
If you haven't seen me perform, I highly suggest checking out my videos (there is a link on the right!) to get an idea of what my movement style is like and how you can challenge me!







And GO!

12 comments:

  1. "Fitnah" by Filastine. My version says it's "Explicit" but it's in... Arabic? Uhhh does that count? XD If it does, I can think of something else...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Drumming" Florence + the Machine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Morgan's Motion" by Tony Williams, from the album Joy of Flying

    Prompted by lj users ysabetwordsmith & my_partner_doug

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'So Sweet' by Kristin Mainhart ft. Khromozomes.... ah like so ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4_pLhjegnI )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea if it can be danced to, but one of my favorite songs is "Something Tells Me I'm Into Something Good".

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxDh2sYQRpo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll take one more!
    (The Kristin Mainhart song might not be have-able, and i still don't know what the lyrics for "Fitnah" mean)

    ReplyDelete
  7. And if the Herman's Hermits song is impossible, perhaps "Hatten ar din" http://www.come.to/hatten .

    ReplyDelete
  8. But I can't download it...perhaps my partner can assist. But in the meantime - STILL ROOM FOR ONE MORE SONG!

    ReplyDelete
  9. But I'm still gonna dance to it, or both of them.
    And yes, I'm still opening it up to ONE MORE SONG!
    (apparently, there will be more than 5)

    LAST SONG! LAST SONG! LAST SONG!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Example - Changed the Way You Kissed Me.

    ReplyDelete